Why do you live where you live?

Whether the apt, house, street, city, state etc. Why do you live there and how did you come to live there?

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 2:35 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The property that I live on in Slidell, LA has been in my family over 200 years. It's been my tromping grounds since I could walk. I love it, it's so naturally beautiful. At 5:15am you can see the sun rise thru the marsh. I also got married on the property, on the water under lighted oak trees. The property was handed down to me from my great-gammie, who lost her house in hurricane Katrina. Everyone living on my street is related to me.

It's a wonderful feeling to raise my kids on the bayou where I was raised. Before my great gammie and great uncle died, I would sit with them on a porch swing watching the ducks play in the water; and listening to stories of their old stomping ground back in the 1930's.

I will eventually be the old wise gammie sitting on a porch telling stories to my great grand kids.

Ahhhh...(sigh)...lasting memories and many more to come.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 10:52 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I came home as a newborn to my parents house nextdoor. My dad bought the house I live in in 1983, my brother lived here after he got married and he moved and when I got married I moved here. Although I divorced, my son and I have always lived here. So I am going to be 40 and although I have lived in other cities here and there, I am back where I started...only next door! lol.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:39 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• We live in a house that was converted into two apartments. We live on the main floor. We live here because our rent is cheap. We live simply so that we can afford for me to stay home with our kids.
    When the kids go to school and I start to work we will move somewhere bigger.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:41 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I moved up north to get my girls out of the city...i hate it here but I can't move because this is where I met hubby and he works in this town and the girls go to school here...so I'm stuck in this very little house with no friends but nowhere else to go..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I live here because it's rent free LOL. My MIL owns the house, she moved out when she moved in with her husband.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 2:48 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• We live in the general area / State we're in because this is where the Navy sent us. We live in the house we do because it's a nice home in a good school district, and it's in our price range. Also, it's not a bad commute for my dh, and it's near the commissary.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:53 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• i live in Reno, nevada at the moment. We moved here to be closer to my parents, and for school. After school I am moving back to Alaska to be with hubby. He has a great job there, so that's why he went back. I can't wait to go back!!!
    Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 3:21 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• i was born in this city, most of our extended families are here. we live in this house casue hubby works on a farm, the boss has 18 houses on his property, he only charges his employees $100 a month for rent so that he knows they will always be there, and on time. and $100 a month for rent is not something any sane person would turn down.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:49 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• We live in an Apartment on post in Korea. We live here, because they Army sent us here. When we go back to the states we're going to buy a house, and I can't wait! I just hope we get a good duty station!!
    Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 4:31 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• We live in the same Chicago neighborhood where I was raised. My mom lives four blocks north, my sister and her family live four blocks south. There are around 40 kids on our block (lots of big families), so there is always someone for our daughter to play with/hang out with. We have families to trade childcare with (saves a lot of money for mommy/daddy date night), and now our daughter babysits for several families in the 'hood. We have great public transit, wonderful parks and grocery stores to walk to, and all of the amenities of city life. I would not want to live anywhere else.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:47 AM on Apr. 23, 2009