would it be selfish...?

I currently live in arizona, a lot has happened im sick of all the heartache..I got out of the situation that was causing it but I still feel enveloped by all the memories. Im strongly considering moving to cancun, mexico, I figured that since I've been through hell I deserve to live in paradise : ) so after I settle some things, im going to move with my son....I really love the man that im with and no one has ever loved or treated me the way he has, I realize that its a complete life change but would I be selfish if I asked him to come with me....?

KenyonCsmom

Asked by KenyonCsmom at 2:52 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• You make your life choices....but from my understanding Mexico, ANY part of Mexico is NOT a paradise right now. There are two major drug cartels, Los Zetas and La Familia, and they are in an all out war right now. Many of them are military trained. They are violent, vicious and have no remorse for human life. Much of my husband's family is from Mexico. It is not a good place to live right now. My husband's uncle was recently beheaded and all he was doing was walking down the street to a local store. Watch a bit of the news or google "Los Zetas". For Spring break college kids were warned to not go to Mexico as it is too dangerous.
    It you would be putting your child's life at risk. It is a dangerous country, especially for a gringa.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 2:58 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• What she said (sorry about your uncle in law). Mexico is a very bad place right now. some of those problems have even creeped across the boarder to our side near Mexico. I'd suggest the lower east coast. but would you really enjoy yourself and would it really be paradise if he said no or moved there and started to resent you for a change he was not ready to make?
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 6:25 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Just make sure you have the permission of the father before you leave the country. As for the man, he's a big boy. He can decide for himself. Wanting him to go isn't selfish but making him go would be if he didn't want to go. Go to www.womenslaw.org and link to Know the laws and see what to do about removing a child from the country

Answer by admckenzie at 9:56 AM on Apr. 23, 2009