Who has saved their babies umbilical cord blood cells?

sxc_mami1

Asked by sxc_mami1 at 3:24 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• We are still expecting, but we have been talking about doing it. On the one hand, it is a LOTTTTT of money to spend for something if you never use it. But, on the other hand, it is a lot of grief you will go through if you need it, and never spent the money to do it. It's like Life Insurance. You'll regret not doing it if it should ever come up.
    MommaBear619

Answer by MommaBear619 at 4:02 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I thought it was a good idea, but not practical simply because of the price issue. As it was, I was living with my parents and not working, so it was definately not at option. If one day, it turns out I should have spent my entire savings for it, then I may be kicking myself for it, but highly doubt that will one of my main concerns. My nephew is 18 months old and dying from brain cancer. Even if my sister had invested in a cord blood bank, it would not have helped.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 8:32 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I thought about it, but the price was a HUGE issue for us. Even though my husband now has a better job that pays more, I still don't think we could afford it.
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 10:14 AM on Apr. 23, 2009