Communism/Socialism

Honestly, do you know what it is? I'll give you an insight, Russia, China, Cuba, not communist in the least. Maybe in the beginning, but quickly warped when great power was put into the hands of the few.

How does it differ from Capitalism? I'll give you an insight, Capitalism is a lot like it's name, capital. The persuit of as much profit as possible. Do some homework, I'm looking forward to these replies.

So, do you really know what communism/socialism is? Be brave, don't hit the anon button. It's like talking to someone with sunglasses on. I won't come after you, I promise.

mehamil1

Asked by mehamil1 at 3:26 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Our founding fathers invented Capitalisam? Where r you from?
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 3:38 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I was born and raised in Chicago. And our founding fathers did not INVENT Capitalism. It's something that's been around for awhile, though really went full steam ahead in the 19th century. Communism/Socialism, on the other hand, has been around since people stopped being hunter/gathers and started agriculture.
    mehamil1

Answer by mehamil1 at 3:43 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I'll give YOU an insight; socialism is merely the stage between capitalism and communism.

Because I AM STILL FREE to wear sunglasses sunglasses mini- Oakleys, bought and paid for with my hard earned capitalist dollars!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:41 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I can't tell you much about Communism but I can tell you a bit about Democratic Socialism.

"Democratic socialists believe that both the economy and society should be run democratically—to meet public needs, not to make profits for a few. To achieve a more just society, many structures of our government and economy must be radically transformed through greater economic and social democracy so that ordinary Americans can participate in the many decisions that affect our lives."

In simple terms, we work almost like a giant family.  Everyone does their own part in order for everyone in the family to get the goods and services that they need.  We take care of those too young, too old or too ill to work.  We make sure that those who can work, are working.

Imaginaryfriend

Answer by Imaginaryfriend at 8:08 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• We do not believe that the government should run everything but, we also feel that everything should be run by an elite few. We believe that there better measures of success than money and power.
    Imaginaryfriend

Answer by Imaginaryfriend at 8:10 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Imaginaryfriend, there are plenty of other countries that are socialist. Why do you want to change USA? You could just go to one of the other countries, nobody is keeping you here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Because I am an American and I want what is best for Americans. I think that Democratic Socialism could be very beneficial to the US. I'm sorry if you think that I don't love my country as much as you do.
    Imaginaryfriend

Answer by Imaginaryfriend at 9:25 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Because I am an American and I want what is best for Americans.

________________

Sounds like a political stumping quote......Obamatron anyone?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with anonymous windbags. If anyone would like to talk like grownups, I would be happy to have a discussion.
    Imaginaryfriend

Answer by Imaginaryfriend at 9:35 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Well there are TONS of Americans who do not want our nation to become your socialist democracy and they count too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Apr. 23, 2009