Question about choices( spin off of pot question...)

Do you believe it's alright to do things without knowing if it could do harm? do you do thing until it's determined unsafe and then stop?

lisarose45

Asked by lisarose45 at 3:37 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Do you believe it's alright to do things without knowing if it could do harm?

Hmm, well if you are ignorant of the harm you do, then you cannot be held responsible.  I've been harming myself all my life without ever knowing it (if my doctor's diagnosis is correct).  He is 95% sure that I have Celiac disease.  I have to go to the hospital on Monday for an intestinal biopsy to confirm the diagnosis.  If he is correct then gluten is poisonous to me and I have to have a strict gluten free diet for the rest of my life.

NO MORE CHICKEN ALFREDO!!!!!  crying 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:45 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• or do you do what you want no matter what people say about it?
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 3:38 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I go by the Bible
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 3:40 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I think that girl should talk to some doctors about it. I'm sure they will all say no, but the point is, she should not trust what she thinks about it, or what we think about it, she should get a professionally medical opinion.
    MommaBear619

Answer by MommaBear619 at 3:41 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I agree with you mommabear,
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 3:47 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• It depends on who might potentially be harmed, doesn't it? What you risk for yourself and what you risk for your child are usually 2 very different things.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:19 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I think that many people are misled, or know the truth, but chose to ignore it because of their own selfish needs and desires. I know people that refuse to believe that smoking is bad for anyone - they believe it's all a conspiracy theory. I also know people that have drank full term during a pregnancy, then wonder why their child has a genetic problem with their liver. People chose to ignore the facts about the world around them, because they're selfish and greedy.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 7:33 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

How much do you want to bet that I fall off the gluten band-wagon from time to time?

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:47 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I already smoke, so I guess the whole, do you not care thing applies to me. I mean, I do care, but I am addicted now, and I don't really want to stop. It's not bad enough to where I make my kids go with out so i can have money for smokes, nor will it ever come to that. My kids come FIRST. I smoke outside so they aren't around the smoke. I know it's bad, but it helps with the anxiety and the nerves.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:22 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• NO MORE CHICKEN ALFREDO!!!!!

I know there are recipes to make that gluten and casein free, a friend of mine has to for her kids and she's mentioned making it before. All is not lost!!
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:39 AM on Apr. 23, 2009