legal: what is the chance bf will go to jail for contemp or court for not payin cs

he doesnt work has not been able to find work and has a whole other family they didnt count when he was oredered to pay

cat.lover_07

Asked by cat.lover_07 at 3:41 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• 90% chance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:12 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Chances are pretty good. My ex has gone to jail 3 times for failure to pay me, and one of those times his daughter's mother also got him held in contempt for not paying her. Not being able to find work is not a good excuse to a judge. And I find it very hard to believe that he has another family that they didn't take into consideration.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:21 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Pretty good chances. He has a responsibility to take of the children he fathered. The judge can also order him to get a job. If he doesn't get a job then that's contempt of court as well. Jobs are out there. You may not like what the job entails but it's work and a paycheck.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 8:01 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• depends upon the judge. in my situation, my ex played the " i just cant" (boo hoo) game for the judge and she let him slide for 3 years. put me in jail because she didnt like my "gold digging ways" reversed custody and if im as much as 30 days late he calls the procecutor, they bring me to court and i go to jail...he doesnt take care of our child, & the list is unbelievable as to what our child is going thru just because the judge wants ti teach "ME" a lesson.....if hes not paying & hes not seeing the child, my advise is to leave it alone!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Pretty good chance he'll go to jail... and IMO he should. Fast food is always hiring... so I don't think he has an excuse not to pay.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• yes if he just ignores it. He can call child support and ask for a review of the case showing his new obligations. I'd do it before he was arrested. It shows the judge he's trying and not just evading paying cs

Answer by admckenzie at 9:51 AM on Apr. 23, 2009