how do i deal

i am a 22year old SAHM and i need advice. we only have one car and my husband uses it to get back and forth to work, i am still fairly new to this SAHM thing only been doing it for 7months now, but i feel so trapped in my own home i do take my daughter out for walks and stuff but still i feel like my home is a prison. i somtimes gets pissed at my husband bc he gets to go to work and then come home and rest but my job never ends untill my kid goes to bed, i feel very guilty for feeling like this but i just cant shake this feel. any moms out there can offer some advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• If he MUST have the car while at work, then it sounds like youre doing the best you can. Can you drop him off? That would give you more freedom. A couple of times a week, myself and the 3 yr old go grocery shopping, or to walmart or to the outlet mall. I do that for my own entertainment. If its not possible, then make some time for you to run errands later in the day or even go somewhere as a family. This is a time that you must remember WHY youre at home and what your purpose is. Its to raise your child and be the primary caretaker. Its an honor and a priviledge to be there. Keep that in the back of your mind. It won't always be this way. ONe day they will be gone and you will wish they were there. Keep your head UP!
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:52 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• not having wheels is really hard! is there any way you can drop your husband off at work and pick him up? that way you can have the car during the day. i feel for you because i am not the type of person who can stay home all day and i am a SAHM too. just the thought of not having my car gives me cabin fever! i can't think of anything else you can so except buy another car or go to work to save money to be able to get one. the "my job never ends" thing is a whole different ball game because unless you just get used to it (because it will never end) you'll be angry all the time. just try and remember that you are so lucky that you have a husband who values the benefits of having a mother that stays home for his children. remember that he is also working hard so that you can stay home with them. if you are not really happy staying home, talk to him and tell him that you need a part time/full time job in order to stay sane.
    nairda

Answer by nairda at 4:44 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Get out of the home when he comes home or on his day off. You need your time just as much as he does.My SO stays home with our LO and he has the car. I walk to and from work and when i get home he can go and do whatever he has to do. Mind you he does'nt clean up after, so trust i work 10 hours and then come home and cook,clean and bath,bottle bed for my LO. It's 11 12 before i even sit down.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:46 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I agree with the ladies above, at least maybe two days a week drop him off so you can get to the store, a park, a play date something. It is only fair. You are not alone feeling this way, I used to call our house my prison without bars.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:31 AM on Apr. 23, 2009