What is a safe way to check my credit?

I live overseas and my bank and everything is still in the USA so what is a safe way to check my credit as well as my loved one's?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• www.annualcreditreport.com    Go to this site...everyone is entitled to one FREE report every 12 months....and it is FREE!!!!  This is what I use.    Don't do freecreditreport.com b/c it is NOT FREE!!!

Momm2Princess

Answer by Momm2Princess at 10:16 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• freecreditreport.com
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:18 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• No not freecreditreport.com....they still get you with hidden charges because they make you subscribe to a service. The only truly free place to check your credit is www.annualcreditreport.com. Good luck!
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:21 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• www.annualcreditreport.com doesn't offer for minors
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:22 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• ok i just tried this and it said i had an existing morgage and i have never had a loan of any sort in my life!!!!! WTF DO I DO ABOUT THAT?!
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 12:27 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• busymamma: if it was a question of when you had it along with several other questions those are just to make sure you are the correct person. Once you get to the actual report then you see everything and have the chance to dispute anything that might not be you.. I checked mine and it came back all free and clear but I was shocked to see my credit card has been checking once a month. I didnt know they did it so often!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 6:04 AM on Apr. 24, 2009