Can a home pregnancy test detect pregnancy hormones if...

I might only be three weeks? I took a pregnancy test yesterday and it was negative and I still haven't gotten my period. My husband and I had sex...almost three and a half weeks ago when I think I was ovulating. So....is it possible(and yes I'm hoping) that it's still too early to detect the hormones?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 4:51 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• if you did get pregnant, the test should detect the hormone. maybe try a different brand. EPT, First Response...
    nairda

Answer by nairda at 4:53 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• those tests are really good. they detect the hormone even after a few days.
    nairda

Answer by nairda at 4:55 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• First response can detect the hormone within 2 weeks of ovulation.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 7:39 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Try a First Response test. It detected both my pregnancies over 1 week before my missed period!
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 9:13 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I got my BFP when i woulda been 3weeks and 5 days...but i took a test EVERY SINGLE DAY up until then and they were all negative...I was over a week late too
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 11:41 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Something needs to happen here. Either I need to get a positive pregnancy test or get a period. Either way it's driving me nuts not having a period and thinking I could still be pregnant. And I got the First Responce test. The GOLD and DIGITAL kind. Still it's a no. But it also says on the box hormone levels may vary. What does that even mean?
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 2:00 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• It means that some (very few) people will never get a + hpt, they have to have a blood test, also that hormone levels vary by individual so some ppl will get a + a wk b4 they're late some will take longer. Anyway at 3 wks late (sooner if you just can't wait) call your dr. tou will need a blood test. Good Luck & Lots of Baby Dust! ! !
    txgrl4lf

Answer by txgrl4lf at 3:33 PM on Apr. 23, 2009