ways to sooth a younger baby

i was wondering what the best ways to calm and sooth a younger baby (less than 6 months) is. aside form the obvious, picking up and seeing if there is a physical problem.. thanks :)

katiemum

Asked by katiemum at 5:58 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• thanks :)
    katiemum

Answer by katiemum at 5:35 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• what do you mean?? uhm a bath... feeding...talking to.. playing with..mine loves her swing ...having her hair brushed always soothes her...she likes to be outside too.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:01 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• rocking by laying baby on belly in your arms like a craddle with them facing down or up..my son like laying down. A nice warm bath with johnson and johnsons lavander bed time bath. A fan on in the room for white nose it calms them. Soft music in the background. Swaddling. A automatic swing! Need more? lol...GL
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:55 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Look up "The Happiest Baby on the Block" either on DVD or in print -- talks about the 5 S's -- shush, swing, suck, side, swaddle -- ie go "shhhhh" lots or offer some sort of white noise, swing baby in your arms or in a swing, let baby suck on paci, it helps if baby is on his side (facing you, if holding) and swaddle - with arms straight so they can't escape. Worked for my son - who had COLIC!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 7:17 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I used to always sooth my babies with a soft, soft, blanket. I would put it on the side of their face and they would go to sleep.
    Woodarddeanna

Answer by Woodarddeanna at 2:18 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I agree with mevxoxo- The Happiest Baby On The Block has some FANTASTIC ways to help! The shushing ans swaying really helps with our son.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:41 PM on Apr. 23, 2009