Would it be innapropreate for my fiance to have a 8 year old's cell phone number?

she is the daughter of our friends. I would have it as well of course.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• What is the purpose that either of you would have it in the first place. As for your fiance, the parent of the 8 year old should decide if it is okay for him to have it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:01 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I guess it depends on why you would have it. If you are really good friends with the parents, then it would be good for her to have your numbers in case anything happens and she can't get a hold of her parents.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:08 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• i WOULD NEED MORE INFO ON THIS ONE as to be able to give you a good answer.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 7:09 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Is your fiance responsible for your child's care? I have the cell phone numbers of my daughter's friends, along with their home numbers and the cell phone numbers of many of the parents.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:11 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I do not think that is appropriate no inappropriate but better put as....would you give your DD's phone number to a friend's fiance? Too many weirdos out there right now and like the Sandra Cantu case..the ones that usually hurt them is the ones close to you. (NOT imply your fiance is bad) just making a point.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:13 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• My daughter (who is 10) has the cell phone numbers of my two best friend's and thier husbands. They are my emergency back up people in case anything ever happens and she needs help (I am a single mom).

Other than that, my DD has no reason to have grown men in her speed dial... hopefully she'll never have to call them!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:16 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• OP- We have known them for a few years and her mother and I hold common ground on the fact that we aren't from the state we currently live in, so we don't know many other people. we already have her daughter pegged to be our baby sitter for our infant when she is older because she is very smart, mature, and responsible. I actually kinda wish she was "my" daughter. lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:18 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Hmm...thats great. Sounds like you already have your opinion then. :)
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:31 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Why does an eight-year old have a cell phone? There's something about this whole situation that just doesn't sound right. I think we need more information before we answer this question.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:47 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• If the parents trust him with it, and trust him with her, then I would say no. I've got a very wonderful male friend who loves my son, and if I had an 8 year old daughter with a call, I would give her his number in case she can't get in contact with us. I would in turn give him the number because I know I'm a horrible call-screener... if your name doesn't pop up on caller id, I let it go to voicemail.

However if he is calling her, I would say that is a tad inappropriate and make me question my decision.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 8:05 AM on Apr. 23, 2009