Ultrasound, confused

So my due date is May 16th. My LMP was August 18th (should have a due date of May 25th) but instead my due date is May 16th. Does that mean Its basically stating I got pregnant August 9th (day one of my pregnancy?) ((I'M CONFUSED!))and then my due date is 40 weeks later? Or if you measure bigger, do they still add two weeks before conception to your due date?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was really big with my son. Boys run big in our family. I wanted to second guess my doc too based on how big I was and the math of when we conceived. Let it rest. Stop stressing. Let the docs do what they need to do and let your baby stay in your belly as long as possible.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 7:43 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• so im just wondering if you measure farther along than what your lmp suggests do they just adjust your LMP date to a different one?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• The way your due date (also called expected date of delivery or EDD) is calculated is nine calendar months and seven days (40 weeks) from the first day of your last normal period; you'll see this recorded in your maternity notes as LMP (last menstrual period). This calculation works if your menstrual cycle is regular and your periods are every 28 days.
    . An estimated date of delivery based on a dating scan is more accurate than that based on your last period.
    August 18th + 9months and 7 days = May 26th - based on LMP
    If they moved your EDD to 16thMay it means that they do not add those two weeks and go with U/S estimation more accurate. Generally, from conception, the pregnancy would last about 38 weeks.
    polkamama

Answer by polkamama at 9:19 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• so what you're saying is that i got pregnant august 9th (which according to my due date is the 1st day of my pregnancy) and then my due date is 40 weeks from the day of conception??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• you just need to bite the bullet and tell both potentional fathers if you are still not sure. There really is no way anyone here can know...we dont know when you ovulated and due date is JUST an estimate. I feel for you sweetie but I dont think you are gonna get the for sure answer you want by asking this question a hundred times.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• ew that was rud pp
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• it wasnt rude. it was true. its the only way she will know. all the stressing is not good for her or the baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Apr. 23, 2009