How to transition from formula to milk?

My daughter turns one tomorrow and I have been trying on and off to give her a sippy of milk. Everytime she starts to drink it ok than moves the sippy and spits the milk out. We thought maybe it was just too cold so we left it out of the frige for a little bit to see if it would help and she still spits it out. I dunno what to do to get her to drink it.

MommytoAngel08

Asked by MommytoAngel08 at 8:15 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We mixed the formula and milk together, starting with 1 ounce milk & 7 ounces formula. Every few days we added more milk and less formula.
    Lexi.Mommy

Answer by Lexi.Mommy at 8:31 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• May be she doesn't like the bottle... or the milk itself. I came from Europe few weeks ago and there I spoke with the pediatrician about the milk and he said that formula is the best milk for a baby until 3 years old because it has all the vitamins, calcium and proteins that baby needs.

Anyway at this age you can give the baby milk with no transition period, the little stomach it's ready to try new this without a special preparation.

Good luck!
    robertzica

Answer by robertzica at 8:29 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• My son stayed on formula until he was 16 mos because he wouldnt drink milk and finally we just stopped. He hates milk and will not drink it. Hes perfectly healthy and eats plenty of other things that contain calcium and vit D. I just dont see milk as being necessary.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:37 AM on Apr. 23, 2009