BH Contractions...

Is it normal to get them alot toward the end of your pregnancy? I'm 33 wks today and It seems like I'm getting them a lot more than before? I mean its a lot more than usual.

Tiffany237

Asked by Tiffany237 at 8:49 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yep thats normal. but if they start becoming every 2 mins or so and on a regular basis in a day...then u should call the dr. that could b labor...or false labor.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 8:57 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I had them all the way up until 39 weeks when I delivered (I was induced)... it's your body practicing... I miss my BH, my belly, the kicks... ho hum... I'm overtired, but yes I think it's normal to have them. You don't want to mistake BH for real labor though, so if you're unsure you should go to L&D and have them hook you up on a monitor and check your cervix. It's still a bit too early for your LO to make their appearance, keep him/her in the oven just a little longer!
    OregonJeka

Answer by OregonJeka at 9:27 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Yes it is normal - it only means that your uterus is practicing. If they are painless there is no reason t worry. Make sure that you drink plenty and stay hydrated (dehydration causes contraction as well).
    If they are very regular and become stronger then call your OB just to be on the safe side.
    polkamama

Answer by polkamama at 9:30 AM on Apr. 23, 2009