What is the difference between a copy vs. a photo copy?

I was asked to send a photo copy of our marriage license and I just assumed a copy of the marriage license and they sent it back. I don't get it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• go to a store were they have a copy machine and just copy it and send them that one if they want an original they would say that and if so make sure they send it back and how long it should take. be safe make a copy and if they want to see original go to them and show them i wouldnt mail it. just to be safe.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:21 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I wonder if they are wanting a certified copy of it...maybe from the courthouse? I'd call them and ask them to give you specifically what they need. Tell them you send a copy and they sent it back so you need to know exactly what they are looking for so you can get them the right copy.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:29 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• They probably want the copy from the Registry of Deeds. That is a "photo" copy of the record with an embossed seal. It has to have the seal or it isn't the "photo" copy. Kind of old terminology.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:31 AM on Apr. 23, 2009