do you spank?

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in General Parenting

• Yes. Only one swat on the bottom,if all else fails

Answer by lynn63042 at 5:33 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• This is a loaded question around these parts...It will be sure to bring out the drama!

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 5:34 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Yes, but only as a last resort and only w/ my hand. Three swats, enough to really get their attention.

Answer by dinosaur4mommy at 5:52 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Yes. After a while they learn and then it's not as nessasary. I never spank when I'm upset though.

Answer by sunshinegirl-3 at 6:34 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Yes I do. As a last resort of course and it's only a swat on the bottom. My kids know that by the time I resort to this, I mean business and they straighten up.

Answer by jeni2671 at 7:30 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I used to swat her leg, hand or butt, but not hard, just enough to get her attention. She's 6 now and I haven't done it in forever!!!

• yes

Answer by Patience1 at 12:37 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• yes! i'm puerto rican and almost all the hispanics i know spank...(or use a belt, spatula, w/e-this is wrong!!) i grew up getting a spanking. back then i hated my mom. her fault. when you discipline your children, please do it immediately. let them know why, even if it just happened..they tend to forget, or not know. when you do, do it out of love, not rage, that's when things go overboard.

Answer by x0x0mommyx0x0 at 12:58 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• yep i spank but only a swat on the butt when and only when absolutely needed. I was abused by my step dad growin up with anything he could find to whip me with, this will never happen with my child!

Answer by haylismama at 1:33 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I don't spank my kids, but I will admit that I hadn't decided whether I would or not when I had my first child. For a long time I held the option at the back of my mind "just in case", but by the time he was 3 or so I had never had a single reason to spank him. The more I worked at finding better solutions, the more I realized that there was always an alternative. I couldn't think of any scenario where hitting would be the best option so I finally discarded it as an option all together.

Answer by jessradtke at 9:05 PM on Jun. 22, 2008