Do you believe

that the scientists are right about charred food leading to cancer?

I don't. the only person that ever ate charred food in our family died from heart disease and the rest died from cancer.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Health

• I'll tellyou what. I love hot dogs and nothing is going to stop be from eating them.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 10:22 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Yes but most of my meats I like really really cooked so it doesn't bother me. Not sure that having heart disease is too much less of a disease than cancer. In different people either disease can and can't be 'cured'. I think though that they're talking about eating charred foods like twice a day every day for ttwenty years or though. I've also heard nitrates in hot dogs and stuff is bad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• It is scientifically proven that charred or burnt food can cause colon cancer. It is basically the same as eating coal. Your digestive system can't handle it. You don't say what type of cancer the other people in your family died of, but colon cancer is what it has been linked to. Believe me, I know, we have had a lot of colon cancer in my family, so I know my research.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 10:20 PM on Apr. 23, 2009