Are you happy with your life?

Is there anyone happy anymore? I have 3 friends going to a divorce.Two of these relationship had financial difficulties and infidelity. I hope i will not be the next one although my relationship has reach the rock bottom. Is this what relationship is these days or is it always been this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• I can honestly say I/we are happy, the only downfall is trying to be superwoman keeping up with the house, kids and dh other than that everything is all fine and dandy OH! and we could always use MORE, MORE, MORE money....LOL (who doesn't...right?) Just try to stay away from them if they are bad influences always try to take care of your own backyard. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:41 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Well, very many therapists have been saying that because of this financial recession, couples are strained. It's not that all relationships are like this and are doomed to suck. One positive way to look at it is that you are not the only one going through this. But that doesn't mean couples should just write their stresses off to the economy and ignore relationship problems. To tell you the truth, though money is tight, my husband and I are getting along pretty well these days. If things get really bad for your relationship, seek counseling before throwing in the towel. Good luck!
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 9:43 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I agree with Butterfly1108 completely! We're very happy... of course we need more money but we are making it just fine on what we have! Our kids and each other are really all that matters. As long as all 4 of us have food and shelter we're blissful.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 9:44 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• thank you Butterfly and MommyDumDum

My hubby doen't believe in counselling anymore. I don't know what happened but in the beginning he suggested it himself. The other day I told him we should go but he said we don't need counselling but commonsense. He said to me though that he is so stress about his job and even showed me that his loosing a lot of his hair. My friends were on the same boat. They were fighting about money then the next thing they knew husband having an affair.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I'm happier than I've ever been in my life but then again I'm single and my kids are grown. It's all about me now.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:49 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I am unhappy because I end up being alone in my relationship. My husband has to leave the house before 7am then comes back after 7pm then he was very tired and always falling asleep at the sofa. I don't think he is having an affair but getting a lot of stress from his company. If company didn't do well they might have to close down and shot the whole office off.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• mommydum-dum is right. I think counseling at least for yourself to start out with could help. Then maybe he'll come in. He's already voicing his job stress and hair loss. Should have done that early on with my hubby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I haven't been to any counselling what do you usually do in their? Please any comments will help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• We have had our fair share of fights over money... but for me its important to remember that money comes and goes, but I'm married to guy for the rest of my life. I'm only 21 and we've only been married 2 years, so we've got a long road ahead of us. We've been worse off financially, so I try to look back on those days and be lucky for what I do have, even tho its not what i want it to be. We have a beautiful child, a good home, plenty of food and clothes, even a crazy cat and dog to keep us company. The economy is not stable but we are and that is what I am thankful for.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 10:12 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• i also feel my marriage has sit rock bottom, and i tried so hard to make it work. I dont knwo what to feel anymore. i dont know if we have love, maybe we do, but we have to work out the issues. Sometimes issues come up and become distraction in marriage. Sometimes we get off track with other things, and start to worry, etc... I am talking about my marriage, to where i thought and assume everything was okay. Just waking up to realizing, i need to work on it, but it does take two people to work, share, talk, etc.. So again i hope i can forgive, work things out with my hubby, and hang on to love, and faith,,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Apr. 23, 2009