can heat affect asthma?

tasha080808

Asked by tasha080808 at 9:39 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Yes, it can. It's actually the humidity that does it. The extra moisture in the air makes your airways constrict more.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:47 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• they used to send asthma patients to hot dry climates like AZ to help. I think it's the moist air that hurts them not the heat. So heat might help as long as it's a dry heat but I'm not a doctor. You might call your doctor about that

Answer by admckenzie at 9:48 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Ah, yeah!! My asthma gets worse the hotter and more humid it is. Also, extreme cold affects asthma.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:40 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• The heat not so much for us. It's the humidity or LACK of heat (cold/winter) when it gets worse.

When it gets humid I often feel like I'm trying to breathe through water. I hate that feeling.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:31 PM on Apr. 23, 2009