Can you be in love with two men?

We were having a hard time a few years ago. I wanted to work things out. I begged him to stop drinking. He left me and divorced me but came back and we are remarried. During the difficult times I was just talking to another man. We made tenative plans during break up. I had stopped talking to him telling him of how my husband was comming back. When we were able to pick up communication again I wanted to tell him we can no longer carry on any kind of relationship. However his child of his ex wife had gotten very ill and died. I have continued to talk to him as a comfort but I dont know how long this can go on without it affecting my newborn relationship with my husband.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• I always thought yes you can "love" 2 men at the same time, but there was only room in your heart to be TRULY IN LOVE with one person...sometimes its hard to distinguish though...
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 10:49 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Well, it sounds like you have created a tangled web. You cannot carry on like this, that is for sure. You have made some bad decisions both ways. Personally, I don't feel either one can work out, because you have broken too many bonds of trust. You can think you are in love with them all you want, but to continue is just downright selfish. You have to come clean with both of them, and yes, you will probably lose both of them, but you made the mess... Sorry to be so blunt, but women just continue to screw up their lives this way!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• You need to cut all dies immediately if you don't want to damage your marriage. He did lose and child and is moarning, no doubt, but you are not the only person he knows that he can talk to. If he tells you that, tell him to find a grief counselor.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 9:50 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• IMO - to answer your question, you can be in love with two men, because Love is a Choice!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• You can love one but be IN love with another

Answer by admckenzie at 9:58 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• i agree with crystal1124.... u really need to stop talking to him completely and tell ur husband about it.... u may lose him but it is not fair to either one of them or to u..... u obviously care about both of them and it is really bothering u but put ur self in ur husbands positions.... if the tables were turned and he was talking to a good friend he met while the 2 of u were apart..... wud u b upset if he was still having a relationship with her, whether physical or emotional? and in answer to ur question: yes i think u can be in love with 2 men, but U NEED to chose who u are going to LOVE as a "husband" and lover and u need to keep the other relationship as a friendship and not talk to them about "intimate" things.......
    kate1227

Answer by kate1227 at 10:06 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• You can be in love with two guys at the same time only bec you are confuse trust me I been there than that. Although one is always stronger.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Apr. 23, 2009