my niece will be 2 in june and has had 3 seizures in 2 weeks the doctors havenakt given us much information on it has anyone dealt with seizures before? what dpo we do for her?

tasha080808

Asked by tasha080808 at 9:42 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Kids' Health

• first of all what I would do for her, if the doctors aren't giving you information on WHAT to do for her, and what is going on... (unless waiting for tests results) FIND A NEW DOCTOR! The doctor should still be telling you what to do if it happens again.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:54 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• try this group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/hollywoodspecialneeds
    there are over 1,400 members and a LOT of them have dealt with or are dealing with seizures. This is an active group. I am a member of this group.

I also found this group about epilepsy: http://www.cafemom.com/group/seizures_epliepsy I'm not a member of this group though, so I don't know how active they are.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:19 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• oh i am sorry to hear about this my son had a feveral covultion at the age of 4 it was scary he stopped breathing i was working as a nurse at the time , oh my i forgot how to give cpr when i needed it the most thankfully my husband did and saved his life that night he had 2 more after that , then 2 weeks after that my daughter who was only 5 mounths had a seizure hers was due to her fomula had flushed out her system and she had hers for over an hour i remember being in the ambulance and they told me she is going to be ok i said no she is dying in my arms she did not respond to any thing needles sound touch and her pupils were already dialated and rolled back into her head weel we got to the hospital 1 hour later they still have not stopped her seizer they called lifestar and took her to childrens hospital life star stopped her seizure thank god they said she would have very severe brain damage, its a miricle she did not.
    joce79

Answer by joce79 at 10:36 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Go to a different doctor. FInd a specialist.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:41 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• During make the actual seizure, you just sure she won't hurt herself. Don't put anything in her mouth. Try to notice how long the seizure is lasting for the doctors. Seizures are very scary. Keep demanding answers to what is causing them and how to control them
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 5:33 PM on Apr. 23, 2009