Has anyone done courses that you can work at your own pace?

I can't seem to find one just wondering if anyone has done one through what company.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• I have done a few... I am a wedding and event planner and to make sure I got the best education out of these home programs I did a number of them - more expensive that way, but better.

My question to you is what are you looking to do?? The best schools aren't going to place ads everywhere because they don't need to. Run a search for whatever field you are looking for and add home classes - if you are looking to be a transcriptionist look up "Medical Transcription Distance Learning" for example. "Distance Learning" is the official term for At home schooling.

Also, like any home job, business or anything else, you have to have the motivation and determination to do well with a class like this. There isn't a teacher making sure you aren't cheating on tests or skipping over important stuff. So, make sure this is something you have a real drive for before you invest money.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:16 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I started out with Penn Foster. I soon left though because I found out all the information and stuff I was paying for, could be found free on the internet somewhere. Just be careful and do plenty of research about what you are getting involved in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I'm not sure what kind of courses you're talking about? But community colleges have tons of legitimate career certificate and enhancement courses and separate college courses for degrees, on line and in person. Try googling your county community college. Also, you can take classes at other county colleges but for a higher fee unless your own county college doesn't offer what you need in a college degree program.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I dont have the extra time to take a "traditional" course and ive tried online w/ several different colleges i just cant keep up with it. I have heard of work at your own pace like they send you a book and you complete the excersizes and send them back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Hey girl...I did twice...and gave it up both times and had to pay a crap load of money to quit.....I personally just found that it was too difficult b/c I didn't have a specific time to do the work in....It sounds like it would be easier, but really it is not b/c I just wasn't motivated to do....I knew I could just do it whenever so I just kept putting it off and then just never did it...If you are wanting to do school from home do an online school that actually gives you deadlines, etc....I hope this helps...everyone is different so this type of school may work for some...not for me though!
    Momm2Princess

Answer by Momm2Princess at 10:11 AM on Apr. 23, 2009