can someone please explain the concept of weight watchers to me. Im very interested but dont know anyone that does it. Am I able to follow it with out signing up with them and just buy the cookbook and buy there snacks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Yes you can.. it really is pretty easy.. u get a number of points based on your weight and you are allowed to have that many per day... i have lists of one point and zero point foods.. and lots of other info... pm me if you want these.. I have lost 40 pounds since Jan 3 from following the points and walking and i dont do the meetings (my mom did and has all the info) I am training for the breast cancer 3 day so I follow that training walk schedule and it is real easy! Hope this helps!
    Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 11:06 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Diets are a temporary fix. You (and probably your family) need a lifestyle change. McDougall will work. http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html

Answer by rkoloms at 1:11 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Weight Watchers is a lifetime change!! It is not a quick fix. Trust me I've been on it for 3 months or so and i've lost 20 pounds and am staying steady. It was sooo easy. I still eat what I want, but just had to cut back. I recommend joining when it is free registration. When I registerd I bought a start up kit that was 25 dollars and it came with a few books in it, it has all the foods and fast food restuarants and will tell you how many points they are. You are allowed so many points per day. It goes my your weight and how active you are, your age ect. they will help you figure that out. It's great support also. I def would recommend weight watchers to anyone. Walmart or grocery stores do carry a lot of their products. Good luck!
    Ambie0526

Answer by Ambie0526 at 8:38 PM on Apr. 28, 2009