What's a good hotel to stay at in San Diego?

My husband and I are planning a trip to San Diego in May for his graduation present. Can anyone recommend a nice place to stay? Our budget is around $130 a night.

Also if you know of any fun things to do, places to eat, or anything else I would love to hear it.

We will be taking our 7 month old, so things need to be baby friendly.

Thanks in advance!

julipickle2

Asked by julipickle2 at 10:22 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Travel

• try trip advisor.com for unbiased reviews!!! then you will need to check places like travelocity for prices. if you are part of a chain loyalty program use it!!! if not sign up for them now for deals (they are free to sign up)
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:05 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I answered this question before I think but if the Manchester Grand Hyatt is out of your price range, I would suggest anything in Seaport Village...the restaurants are right on the water, the shops are great....you can lay a blanket out on the lawn and watch the ships come in...and right over the bridge is Coronado and you can spend the day there on the beach, eating, shopping, whatever...my husband and I took that trip last summer before DD was born and it was probably the best vacation ever....have fun!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 5:53 PM on Apr. 26, 2009

• If you are not locked into being in a particular area then use Priceline. We get to San Diego frequently and I have never been disappointed in the hotel I book through Priceline.

If you stay downtown, be prepared to pay huge for parking and the parking spaces are made for compact cars, but the good thing is that the train runs all through the downtown area and up through mission valley as well, so driving is not completely neccessary. Seaport Village is a nice afternoon, Petco park is downtown and u could catch a game. Gaslamp district is great for nightlife and very cool restaurants down there lots of eclectic shops. One of my favourite quick trips is up to Loma Point Light house. If it is a clear day, the view is amazing. Balboa Park is near downtown and its a very interesting place, lots of exhibits and absolutely gorgeous botanicals.
    wyldreams

Answer by wyldreams at 7:32 PM on Apr. 28, 2009