What is a good hotel to stay at in San Diego?

My husband and I are planning a trip to San Diego in May for his graduation present. Can anyone recommend a nice place to stay? Our budget is around $130 a night.

Also if you know of any fun things to do, places to eat, or anything else I would love to hear it.

We will be taking our 7 month old, so things need to be baby friendly.

Thanks in advance!

julipickle2

Asked by julipickle2 at 10:29 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• A really neat thing to see is the Hotel Del Coronado. I grew up in Coronado and it is across the San Diego Bay bridge.. it is pretty expensive so I wouldnt suggest staying there but it has really neat shops and lots of history.. of course San Diego Zoo... Balboa park is really pretty.. Hope you guys have a great trip!!!!!! Be sure to post pics!!
    Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 10:36 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Marriott Hotel by the bay, next to Convention Center.
    Fun things to do:
    1.- San Diego Zoo it will be a great experince, I honestly think it is the best zoo in the world. Is that good.
    2.- Sea World
    3.- Mission Bay, take a ferry to Coronado Island is so beautiful. Caveat: You may never want to live that place.
    3.- Old Town: Get comfy walking shoes
    4.- La Jolla Cave: breath taking
    5.- Sunset Cliffs: take a pick nick baskets, a blanket and relive the romanticism while your child naps to the sound of waves crashing in the shore.

You know I could be going on and on forever, Everywhere you go pretty much is gorgeous, absolutely fantastic. If press for time, go to zoo first and don't miss the beaches, stay in north side like by the roller coaster, La Jolla, etc. If you see a sign 5 South or 805 South to Mexico, run the other way. Avoid getting close to the border (San Ysidro) and you'll be fine.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 10:41 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• The Manchester Grand Hyatt is AMAZING! Its in seaport village by the water and shopping. Soooo much fun.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:10 AM on Apr. 23, 2009