Husband distant?

It seems that my husband and myself are not as close as we used to be in some areas of our relationship. We get along great however the excitement is gone and our sex life, well ya what is that? All our energy is focused on our daughter and our jobs lately. We have date nights but I am starting to worry that he isn't attracted to me because our sex life well, doesn't exist lately. I've asked him if he is happy and he says yes, I'm feeling unappreciated and unloved. He is a great father, loving husband but the physical touch is missing. Any thoughts? Ideas??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• You could try date nights. Need a sitter for that though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• maybe just initiate it...spice it up alittle and surprise him.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:03 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• YOU make the first step. When raising kids it is hard to keep things going in your relationship. Remember the center of your family is you and him. Kids circle around Mom and Dad..why..because kids grow up and leave home. I can't tell you how many couple we know who looked at erach other when their kids were gone and said Who are you...winding up divorced.
    Keep the focus on you. Set up a sitter..a night away would be even better. Tell him I feel like we are distant from each other because of so much going on..I want you to know I lovbe you and I miss you touch..then make wild crazy hot monkey love.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:06 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• LOL!!! I love that a lady named GrnEyedGrandma used the phrase "wild crazy hot monkey love!!!"

It is probably just stress and alot of other things piled up on top of that. Alot of ladies are having this question today.. just talk to him and find out whats going on... then try the "hot monkey love" lol!!
    not trying to make light of your situation.. but it probably isnt anything bad... just talk to him and see what is on his mind. maybe he thinks you are too tired or stressed and is trying to be considerate to you.. good luck!! praying for u!
    Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 11:15 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• It's tough. I've been there. There were some underlying issues in my case, but communication is the key. Talk to your husband about it, tell him what you miss. Tell him you want to change a few things, and then take steps to change them. Add something new to your sex life. The Sex Tips for Married Women group is awesome :) You'll get some good ideas there.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:32 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Has he asked you if you are happy? I would just be honest and say, "Honey, I love you more than anything in the world, but I feel that we need to ______________ inorder to _____________, and improve our relationship."

It sounds like you both love each other, so communication is going to open up the doorway, first you need to identify what the problem is before you can resolve it. Maybe your honesty will make him more comfortable, and then he can tell you if there is anything bothering him. Then you guys can go from there! I hope everything gets back on track for you!
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 11:48 AM on Apr. 23, 2009