I know this is stupid..someone talk me out of it.

So lately, I've had a major case of baby fever! I can't seem to snap myself out of it. In no way do I need another one. I'm 19, in college and already have an 18 month old. I'm schedualed to get on Nuva Ring next week. I know the reason I want another baby. It's because when I was pregnant the first time, I wasn't at all excited. I was 17, in school and my boyfriend was an asshole. I didn't even pay attention to anything my body was going through. When I had him, I still went to school and worked full time. My mom pretty much raised him for the first year of his life. And now all my friends are having babies and are so excited (which doesn't make sense because they're not in a postition to have kids either) But any way..I see all them being happy and in great relatanships and excited. I always try to talk myself out of it. Thinking of diapers and feedings and how school would be so much harder and all that..continued..........

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• And what people would think-yes, I do care- But none of it seems to work! I have an awesome boyfriend who loves me and he already has a 2 year old. He's got a good job and is in school too, and I've talked to him about it and we both agree that we don't need another one. That's why we agreed for me to get on birth controll. But I know I'm still going to want one. I feel like I just need that chance to be excited and to love being a mom like I see everyone else doing. Don't get me wrong, I love my son and I love being a mom, now. But it wasn't always like that. It's so bad it makes me depressed and I'm already on anti-depressants!! Every time I hear someone's having a baby, I cry. And literaly, everyone I know is pregnant or just had a baby. I just need to get over this and can't seem to find a way to do it. And don't tell me, Oh your in college you have plenty of time. I know this. I'm still having this problem though!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Uhhhhhhhhhhh control, alt, delete. Are you serious??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Can I come over there and kick you in the butt? Cause you certainly need one!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• It will all happen in time. I think I alot of women want another child when their first is about that age. I always knew that I wanted more kids, just not for a few years, and when he was 18 that's when I really wanted another. Keep reminding yourself of why you can't have another now, and that one day you'll be better able to have care for another.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 11:18 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I'm not trying to be funny when I say this, I'm seriously suggesting it...have you thought about getting a pet? A puppy or a kitten? A lot of people consider their pets their "babies" and it would give you something to hold and love and play with and take care of for now. It just might be what you need to get you through this phase at least until you are in a better position to have another baby down the road.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• If I were your mother, I would have absolutely refused to take care of the first one.. and now you want another?? Stop playing house, go out and get a job and support yourselves.. when you are older, you can start a real family!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I'm the same age as you, going to school, and working part time and married with a 13 month old. I want another one as well. but it feels right for my family.

But there is no talking you out of something you really want. It doesn't mean you should have another one, its not fair for the baby to have another one just so you can feel better about yourself. Because thats what your going to be doing for. So you can be excited this time around, and pay attention to your body. Not to have another child to give love to, and raise it, and expand your family. No way is that fair for any child being brought into the world for that reason. You and your boyfriend already have your hands full with two children, and school, and work. When would you have the time to spend time with a new born (take care of it), go to school, and work full time AND SLEEP? Its not realistic or fair honey. Just wait. You'll know when the time is right.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:22 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Get a puppy. Seriously. It will help. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:23 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Between your kid and your boyfriend's you have enough for now! If your boyfriend is that wonderful and you guys are committed, then what's the big deal about waiting till you get out of school? If you have a kid now, you might have to put your studies on hold.

ITA get a kitty or puppy, or a plant or something for now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• This exact question was on here the other day. Did you not get the answer you were looking for?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Apr. 23, 2009