tanning beds and breastfeeding?

i plan on breastfeeding my dd, who was suppose to arrive today! ugh. lol. and it is going to be summer soon, and with a new baby i really will not have time to go to the beach or pool. esp since i am taking summer college classes and will be at the gym getting back in shape (as soon as the doctor says its okay of course).

anyways, my gym has a tanning facility next to it, and i want to get a little tan this summer. i could go after my workout and enjoy 1o mins of quiet and relaxing, since i wont have much of it.

has anyone else used a tanning bed while breastfeeding? i dont know if it can effect the milk or anything. PS please no anti-tanning bed comments. i know.. skin cancer, leather bag, etc. thanks. :)

honeybee429

Asked by honeybee429 at 11:19 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Do you think laying in the sun will affect your Breast milk? No it won't so I would say that it would be okay, but why would you do that to your body.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:23 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Just make sure you use an all natural tanning lotion. They have them! I also didnt put lotion on my breast or chest while BF.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 12:02 PM on Apr. 23, 2009