8 month old had fever of 102.5 last night

so last night my 8 month old son woke up screaming at 3 am he felt really warm I took his rectal temp and it was 102.5, I stripped his clothes off and gave him a dose of infant Tylenol, I think he is teething so that is why I didnt go to er, plus its not over 104, he fell back asleep and woke up this morning with a normal 98.5 temp, should I still call the pediatrician today and let them know or just keep an eye on his temp? I am pretty sure its the teething. what do you guys think I should do?

I worked in a pediatricians office so I know the symptoms...

djanowski775

Asked by djanowski775 at 11:24 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if he's not running a fever today, I would just keep an eye on him. Watch for other symptoms though
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:26 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I'd call and let them know, so they have a record of it, in case his temp spikes again.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:27 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• My dr always told me that a 102 fever is perfect for killing infections. I wouldn't have even done the tylenol. I wouldn't worry about calling the pedi.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 11:38 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Yeah, I agree with the lady above me, I dont even think to give tylenol until its at least 103 or higher, fevers can be good things, its just a sign that our bodies are fighting whatever infection we have and if we are always trying to get our fevers to go away, it will just take our bodies longer to fight off what we have!
    I believe that any good pediatritian would tell you the same thing!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 2:01 PM on Apr. 23, 2009