• In the Spotlight:

Miss Cali -

How do YOU feel the question should have been answered? If she said it was okay, she'd have lost a lot of votes - If she said it was wrong she would have lost a lot of votes... Personally I think she was very PC about it and don't understand why everyone got upset.

To me she was saying that while she didn't agree with Gay Marriage she was Proud to live in a country where people have that choice. She didn't say that it shouldn't be legal, she didn't say that Gay Marriage is Wrong. She simply said that it's not her choice...

If it were you, how would YOU have answered this question??

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 11:39 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I agree completely... here I thought I was the only person who thought she did nothing wrong.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 11:41 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I think she did good... and your right, no matter what she said, someone was going to be mad at her for it.

It was totally a no win situation for Miss Cali... I think its good that she stood up for what she believes and did it in a tactful way (or at least what I thought was tactful)

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:42 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I think she answered honestly and respectfully.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 11:45 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• It should have been answered truthfully which is what she did. It's not wrong because it's her belief and opinion.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Nope.. cause it all turns out bad with stuff like that.. i would have said "perz u fag give me another question".. she only got bashed cause he was the one who askd.. she did good.. but it was wrong of him to ask that on national tv like that.. an how could the stupid ass one win?????????????????????? her answer was so retarded.. "im bueatiful cause im pretty and gay on the inside" is all i heard come out of her mouth.. lOL
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 11:48 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I think she did well, stuck to her convictions and was true to herself. And since I'm from Cali... I think she represented us well.

IMO - I'd rather someone be true to themselves and be honest about who they are and lose than to be phoney and not stick ot their convictions and beliefs and win.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 11:51 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Well, IMHO, she did not answer the question right. She gave her view on gay marriage and that is not what she was asked. She was asked "Vermont recently became the fourth state to legalize same sex marriage. Do you think every state should follow suit? Why or why not?" She COULD have said she is proud to live in a country where each state can decide for their own about laws ...yada, yada, yada BUT she chose to say she doesn't agree with gay marriage. I am sure she has been taught how to answer the tough questions but IMO she did a bad job at being PC.

I would have said, I believe that this is a subject that should NOT be decided by the general public and go state by state to state but as an entire nation.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 11:53 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I don't think she should have been asked that question. No matter how she answered someone was going to be offended and not like her. I think her answer was honest and I don't think she did anything wrong.
    two_princesses

Answer by two_princesses at 11:54 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Oh Hanna have I told you that I today that you are my HERO. Those are the words that I was searching for. Yes she was honest but she really could have answered it in a better light.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:00 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• happyI am so glad you can agree, pnwmom.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 12:04 PM on Apr. 23, 2009