Would you take your toddler's potty with you when you travel?

My sister gave me the idea when I told her about my 2 year old's progress in potty training. He only wears a pullup when we go out and when he goes to bed. I drive a Jeep so I was thinking about putting a potty in the trunk and when he has to go he can do his business back there instead of me trying to find a public restroom. Does anyone do this? Do you think its a good idea?

diamondmamma

Asked by diamondmamma at 11:50 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• that is what i would do! So much more convienient. Just make sure you bring some water in a jug to rinse if out after each use, and maybe some wipeys and a plastic bag to put the wipey in after your done wiping the potty off! =D
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 11:57 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Um, I never used a potty chair with my kids. But I would find a public restroom
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:52 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Ewww, I think it's a lose lose cuz I think those children's porta potties are nasty as are public restrooms. But just thinking about driving around with it in my car...blahhh :) But then again I haven't gotten to the potty training stuff yet (son is 6 mo) so I may feel differently about it then!
    proudsinglmomy

Answer by proudsinglmomy at 11:53 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I did with my oldest. He is now 5 and very picky about where he goes potty. When he was first learning we went camping with my dad's family and the potty went with us. My mom even kept one in the trunk of her car for when he was with her.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 11:55 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Uh you think that a public restroom is more cleaner than your child's potty? OK. I don't think so sweetie.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 11:56 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Yea Potty chairs always grossed me out too, so I never used one. We had a doughnut thingy to put on the toilet, so my kids didn't fall INTO the toilet lol. My sister had a portable "seat" that she took with her when she and my niece were out
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:59 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Oh yea..ill bring all those items! I just want him to get used to going out without a pullup. I don't put a pullup on him at home unless he is napping.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 12:00 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• We took ours, way cleaner and more convienient. However my last two are boys and you know how that goes...the world is their urinal! We usually just find a place to stop and find a tree!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:00 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Zakysmommy I tried that but don't like it. When my 8 year old daughter graduated from the potty I used on her until her toosh could fit the toilet. Ill wait a little bit with my 2 year old.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 12:01 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• We have, and it's more convenient when you are driving without a rest stop for 50 miles! Sorry, my kid won't be able to hold it that long.

Anonymous