Can anyone help with a sociology question?

Hi Ladies!
I am taking a sociology class and I have a question that I'm stumped on. Can anyone help? I'm not looking for the answer but I could use some tips, ideas, or suggestions. I am in the middle of writing a paper and this is part of the criteria. .... Determine why none of the sociological perspective theories support a concept of equal yet different social stratification of Bill Gates. I've been trying to figure this out for two days and I'm still stuck. Can anyone help? Please! :-)

Sue41

Asked by Sue41 at 11:51 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• hint:
    it was all about the timing and his age. had he come along 10 years earlier he would have been seen as an eccentric, had he come along 10 years later he would have missed the boat.
    bill gates belongs to the elite only because society has put him there, his education and his past had nothing to do with his success, timing and monopoly is what propelled bill into an icon.
    Anonymous

• lidk hun, but i googled it and brainmass is selling the answer for a little over 2 bucks. haha.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 12:02 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I'm about ready to pay the 2 bucks!! LOL
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 12:15 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• hehe! shhhhhhh =X!
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 12:26 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• you should go from stating that social strata determines your place in society if you are born rich you're prone to advancement if you are born poor you are likely to die poor. Bill Gates does not fit on any of these two stratas why?
    Anonymous

• (cont) was Bill Gates always poor?
    Anonymous

• (cont) was Bill Gates always rich?

we covered economic strata. lets continue with social strata.
    Anonymous

• (cont) do you think that BG belongs to the "Elite"?
    Anonymous

• his education and his past had nothing to do with his success, timing and monopoly is what propelled bill into an icon.

A+ thank you
    Anonymous

• one other thing to note about the icon, is that if it were not for his timing and monopoly he would be nothing. it's his eliteness that society has put him into that allows people to think they like him. had he been a failure his personality would have remained the same, and that is said to be gruff, ill natured and not very well liked. bill gates has no tolerance for anyone that he hasn't chosen to like.
    Anonymous