Chores and payment

Whats a good amount to pay a teen for doing chores. I would like a breakdown as I think each chore varies in difficulty. Like 5 dollars for vaccuming, 7 dollars for cleaning bathroom and so on.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• My 14 yo gets 25/bimonthly and my 9 and 11yo gets 15/bimonthly.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:59 AM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I would just set a flat amount for like the week-just to make sure that they do them. Maybe some motivation that if they skip one then they don't get any allowance for the week. :)
    brookelynn2609

Answer by brookelynn2609 at 12:00 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I never got an allowance for doing chores. it was just something that you did or you were grounded. And to be honest, I'm going to raise my son the same way. I don't want him thinking that he has to be paid to help out around the house. now, if he were to go above and beyond, ie: cleaning my bathroom or my room, then fine. But I'm not paying my son to vaccum his room or clean his bathroom. He'll be doing it whether he like it or not.
    Kawanis

Answer by Kawanis at 1:29 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• 7 bucks for a bathroom?????? Can I be your kids. When we got an allowance it was a set amount a week $10-15 I think and if we did extra chores we got 25 cents- a dollar extra per chore.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 1:44 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I ment 7 bucks for doing the bathroom once a week...lol Plus he will only have 3 chores and he don't get paid for the one of them. Thats why i thought 5 for vaccuming and 7 for bathroom gives him 12 a week...lol He has to do the dishes without pay.
    Anonymous

• I think it should be two pound for vacumming and washing the dishes and a fiver for walking the dog or something
    MommaandStepMom

Answer by MommaandStepMom at 4:00 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• My kids each have a chore chart. There is a list of different chores - whoever does it puts their initials in the box. Each chore is worth 25 cents. It doesn't seem like a lot but it adds up. Each child gets to determine how much they make by how much they want to work.

the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 7:24 PM on Apr. 23, 2009