Toddler Hair Loss

I recently laid down with my 2 year old son to take a nap when I noticed a large clump of hair on his pillow. I took the hair to DH to show him when I started very softly running my hands through DS's hair... a lot of hair was still falling out. We decided that maybe one of the other kids may have pulled his hair and that if it happened again that we would take him to see his doctor. The next morning I saw a a dime sized bald spot on his head. Today he has another. His scalp is clear and has no signs of a rash or infection. Has anyone experienced this? He has a doctors appointment for Tuesday... but I don't want to worry until then.TIA

mommabeth15

Asked by mommabeth15 at 11:55 AM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I'm sure its nothing to worry about but good luck anyway
    MommaandStepMom

Answer by MommaandStepMom at 3:59 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I'd take him to the doctor. You can get ringworm on the scalp and that causes hair loss.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:56 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• He doesn't have any symptoms of ringworm, though. No rash and no black dots anywhere, and it doesn't itch. From what I've read, those are the symtoms of ringworm. Thanks, though!
    mommabeth15

Answer by mommabeth15 at 8:34 PM on Apr. 24, 2009