Can you really make alot of money selling candles?

I just don't see who has money to buy them now that we are in a reccesion.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• Anything that can be bought in a store wont yeild a high income no matter where you are - just my opinion. So I would say No
    Anonymous

• I do sell candles. If the product that you are selling is something you are passionate about and worth the money you are asking people will buy. I have a loyal customer base of people that buy from me every month. If you are looking into a candle business you have to look at all avenues they offer to make money. The company I am a distributor with has 3 ways to make an income. I follow all 3 ways and make a decent income from all.
    Kari126

Answer by Kari126 at 1:00 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I wouldn't want to try to sell anything with this economy. I work at home but I don't sell anything. You should read my blog with information on how to  Be a Work at Home Mom (for free)

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 1:41 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I'm selling candles also, and although I just started, I'm not expecting to make a ton of money with them. All I care about is that I'm bringing in more than I put out, because I like the company, and I like the products.
    I work online also, and that's what making me the most money right now.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 2:40 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• If You Love The Product You Are Selling, Then YES, You Can Sell Anything. I love candles so that is what I researched before I joined Gold Canyon....so if your interested;
    With Less then a week to go, I am offering a Free Pod Warmer to those that sign up this month.

Each month GC offers a different incentive to those looking into signing up. This month you can sign up with Gold Canyon for the cost of shipping your kit, $10 . If you are interested then PM me and I can send you some information along with a tealight sample. I can also be reached via email at rmcorns@gmail.com
    Have a look at my web site to view the products. I love this company, support, incentives, web site and your customers receive a monthly e-newsletter (small cost but has paid for itself over and over), weekley newsletters from corporate (GC is based out of Chandler, AZ) to help you promote your business.
    I would love to help you get started :)

Marianne531

Answer by Marianne531 at 2:46 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I actually make an average of $800 a month doing Scentsy.... I have never had a HOME party...this is just Basket/CAtalog parties . I give people a basket & they do it on their own. SUPER for me :)

I am with Scentsy....a Wickless Candle Company. No soot..no flames...no danger. These are warmers that use a light bulb to lightly warm the soft wax not burn it. They are infused with natural & escentual oils. So your family isnt breathing harsh chemicals....especially those with allergies. Room sprays & car fresheners as well!

Start up only $99 & FREE Warmer for joining my Team!

www.scentsy.com/kahne

Kahne

Answer by Kahne at 1:16 PM on May. 7, 2009