Why do you think the devil tempted Eve instead of Adam?

For anyone who knows the Bible story of Adam, and Eve.

mo2a27

Asked by mo2a27 at 12:17 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 1 (-6 Credits)
  • I honestly think it was because Eve was made as Adam's mate. Once again, from the beginning, the enemy was trying to divide and conquer. He probably thought that by tempting Eve, he'd seperate her from Adam,as well as seperating them both from God,which we know he did. So, as I said, I think it came down to him thinking he could divide and conquer. I could be wrong, but that's my belief. We all know God puts great value on women . We are the ones He chose to bear children, it was women who found the tomb empty after Jesus was resurrected,and women have always played a very significant role throughout the Bible.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 12:34 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Women are easier to scam! read 1 Peter 2
    Anonymous

• Because Christianity's roots are based on the premise of a Patriarchal society, hence why they feel that women are "dumber" than men. Obviously, we now know better, however, you can't change a religion that feels women are inferior. We all know that women are so intelligent Eve would've tricked Adam's a$$ into eating it!
    Anonymous

• Well, the bible sees men as superior everywhere else...so they had to make her out to be the inferior one in that story too.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 12:25 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• No I mean your personal beliefs. Not what you think other believe.
    God bless
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 12:29 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• because he, the devil, wanted to be challenged
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 12:30 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Because the men who wrote the bible were misogynists.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:38 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• My personal belief is that it never happened in the first place & that the story was written in that way for the same reasons as stated by beeky & anon#2.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:45 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Even if you don't believe you should be able to answer. If you cannot don't answer simple as that.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 12:46 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Just because our answers aren't what you want to hear, doesn't mean they aren't answers.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:50 PM on Apr. 23, 2009