Should I call the company? Or just write the $5 off?

I bought some tarts from the girlfriend/wife of one of my husband's coworkers. (A favor thing, I usually buy my tarts somewhere else). One set of tarts were on backorder and I told her just to reorder them. 2 months later I called her and found out that she was no longer with that guy, and she said she would check on the order. I called her back after 5 days and she said that she had reordered them the same day. I told her that if they hadn't come in by Tuesday(a week), to just give me a call and I'll give her my address for a refund. Well it's Thursday, no tarts, no call and I'm feeling blown off. My husband works in a large company and he no longer works in the same area as the ex-husband/boyfriend. Should I try to call her again, call the candle company, or just write off the five dollars?

warrenfamily95

Asked by warrenfamily95 at 12:22 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• My opinion is it is just five bucks, but I would be really really upset. I think I would do something, not for the money, but because they didn't go through with your purchase. You order something, you pay for something, you should receive that something. At least give a piece of your mind then let it go.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:30 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• waste not, want not. times are too hard to write anything off.
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 12:27 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I'd just call the candle company.
    two_princesses

Answer by two_princesses at 12:29 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Just call the company and let them try to deal with it since she is obviously not making an effort
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 2:38 PM on Apr. 23, 2009