Rash all over my 6 yr old

My son woke up with a rash all over his back and chest yesterday morning. He is feeling fine and hasn't been sick recently. I brought him to the dr and they weren't sure what it was. They thought it was something he ate or something "internally" because it didn't look like a reaction to soap or something like that. They just said rashes are hard to diagnois. They said it isn't contagious and that he may go to school

He has no fever, no cough - nothing. He has not eaten anything unusual, he hasn't used a different soap. I don't understand what it is. He woke up this morning with it a little redder and is now on his stomach.

Does this rash sound familiar to anyone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Kids' Health

• tea tree oil bath? not MRSA?
    Anonymous

• Oh Rashes are a pain, some viral rashes follow a certain pattern, and look a certain way, and those can be diagnosised. Sometimes kids get rashes before they get sick. Give him benadryl and see if that helps. Best of luck
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:39 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I agree with Zakysmommy... benadryl... sounds like what happened when my DD (6yo) this year before she was diagnosed with seasonal alergies! :-P never knew that seasonal allergies could manifest in a rash..... Since she's been on Benadryl her skin is clear! Although the areas and break out progression does sound like Eczema..... If the Benadryl does not help then you should have your son seen by a dermatologist... GL!
    Wildkitten82

Answer by Wildkitten82 at 1:27 PM on Apr. 24, 2009