Trading help?

I have a futon, that my boyfriend brought me like 3 months ago, we got it in Jan 2009. at bedding experts, we paid $351 dollars for it. Now is it possible to trade in a futon for a actual bed? the futon is in great condition, i just cant seem to get comfortable on it. So if someone can help me out it would be lots of help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I'm not sure you can trade it in... Although you can always make a cheap headboard for your bed, and just buy the mattress/box string and hollywood frame (the metal piece that the bed sits on) pretty cheap, especially if you get them used. And then sell your futon on craigslist or e-bay.

Also check out factory warehouse stores for great deals.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:23 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• PS. Most stores will not take back mattresses (including futon mattresses).

But if you really want to keep it rather than spend a lot of extra money, and it's just the comfort issue.. you can try getting an extra pad/mattress for it, and getting a slip cover to go over top the two so it appears to be just one. My brother did that, and it helped, A LOT.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:25 PM on Apr. 24, 2009