How do all the other moms feel about the woman being jailed for kicking her 10 & 12 year old out of the car?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Ridiculous! Those kids were old enough to walk 3 miles. Maybe they should have listened
    Anonymous

• My mom did that to my brother at about the same age. She just couldn't take it any more and felt it was better to let him out and make him walk (about 2 miles) instead of turning around and slapping the crap outta him.... But, that was back in the 70's and my Dad was a cop. The cops then would have told my brother "you should listen to your mother"
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 12:54 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Stupid. She should get a medal for following through with her bratty kids.
    Anonymous

• Kids get away with WAY TOO MUCH these days. Those are her kids and they were old enough to deal with their actions. I think it's ridiculous that she was arrested. Granted, I have an 11 year old and he doesn't even think twice about starting a fight with me, cause I'll make sure my reasons for going to jail are legit. LOL!

I'll smack the teeth out of his mouth. And then dare him to call the cops, cause I'll make sure there's bloody well proof that I wooped his ayis before they get there. I wish he would. LOL!!
    LadyChamp

Answer by LadyChamp at 12:59 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I guess I'll be the first negative comment. If the two girls stayed together, were familiar with the area, it was daylight hours, then yes - walking 3 miles to get home is no big deal. But, the 12 year old got back in the car, leaving the 10 year old alone. The 10 year old was not sure of how to get home, it was a semi-urban area and 7pm, so would be dark in less than an hour. It was just too dangerous of a thing to do in these circumstances.

Would your reactions be different if the story didn't have a good ending? How about if the 10 year old was not found by a good samaritan? If her body was found a week from now, brutalized?

dottieanna29

Answer by dottieanna29 at 1:11 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Since when do kids have the right to disrespect their parents???????
    4kidsandadog

Answer by 4kidsandadog at 1:12 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I have 3 children, including a teenage girl. There are definitely times when its hard to fight the urge to either smack her or kick her out of the car. In that case, take control of yourself, be an ADULT/PARENT, drive home and send your kids to their rooms so they are away from you while you calm down. Institute whatever punishment will work for you and your family when you're calm.
    dottieanna29

Answer by dottieanna29 at 1:12 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I agree with dottie. When you know nothing bad happened it is easy to say "kids have it too easy these days" But what if something had happened to that child?! Kids have it so "easy" because there are so many people out there who don't know how to control themselves.
    rmattes

Answer by rmattes at 1:22 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• How would that mother feel if someone had kidnapped her daughter instead of turning her in to authorities??? I think she should be jailed! She would feel pretty $#%@& if someone raped or murdered her. It is ridiculous. There are other ways to handle the situation then leaving your daughter(s) on the side of the road.
    Anonymous

• Sorry, dottieanna29, the 12 year old walked home and got there before dark, The 10 year old should have stayed with her sister and walked home too. I don't think this mother should be jailed for teaching them a lesson, and the cop that picked up the 10 year old should have given her a stern talking to and told her that having to walk home served her right for being a little brat.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 1:24 PM on Apr. 23, 2009