My 12 week old is so congested and throwing up, what do I do???

I'm not sure if this is where I need to ask...but my son is only 12 weeks and has had a cold for 3 weeks now, I've had him at the doc office 3 times in the last 2 weeks, b/c he also had the stomach flu the first week the cold started, the doc says it's just a cold now, which I do believe, but I'm just worried about him, cuz he cries all the time, and w/ in the last 24 hours throws up when he nurses b/c he is so congested. There isn't much the doc can do b/c of his age, but I just feel bad for him, it's not RSV they checked 4 that last week, anybody know of any ideas I can try besides sucking his nose out, breathing treatments an sitting in a steam bathroom??? I'm at my ends on what to do.

lifegoeson2

Asked by lifegoeson2 at 12:51 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He's throwing up from the nasal drainage. Make sure you suction his nose, feed him small amounts at a time, cool mist humidifier
    Anonymous

• I agree about the nasal drainage. Another thing you can do is when you lay him down prop him up in a boppy pillow or put him in a swing or bouncer something that won't let him lay flat doing this will help with the drainage.
    MamaK1985

Answer by MamaK1985 at 2:40 PM on Apr. 23, 2009