Would this be selfish of me to do this with my WIC?

I plan on breastfeeding, but what if at some point i dry up and then i tell WIC that i have to use formula and then they start giving me the checks for Formula and i dont have enough...

Would it be selfish of me to tell them ONCE my baby is born that im going to be switching back and forth even though im not, just so that if my breasts do dry up i can stack up on some cans of formula?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You're setting yourself up to fail. Forget formula--it's for weaners! ;)
    beccimae

Answer by beccimae at 12:57 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Why not be honest with them? They are trying to help you out and the foods they give your for breastfeeding are for you to be healthy and provide healthy milk for your baby.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:54 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• be honest it will work out
    Anonymous

• It would be dumb. If you tell them you're doing both, you don't get many cans. Then when you do go to formula you get 9 cans a month. How much do you really think you need?
    Anonymous

• if your breastfeeding at first and then decide you don't want to anymore WIC will switch it over for you then. If you lie just to stack up, you're being selfish. Other people need the formula NOW.
    Anonymous

• just tell them you are NOT breast feeding... thats what i did, and i breast fed for about a month and i got 9 cans of formula for that month and it was all used!! even with wic i probably bought 1-2 cans more after the 1st and 2nd month... my baby was a BIG eater... he was 9.5lbs at birth.. now my chunker is tall and drives me nuts... hes 16 months
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 12:55 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• oh! i didnt know you get THAT many cants lol.
    i was told you get 1 small can per check and its not enough. thats why i had asked. now if i had known that then i wouldnt have worried about it. lol..

Anonymous

• Yeah, 9 cans a month. Trust me, you don't need to stock up.
    Anonymous

• My son's 9 months old, and he gets 9 cans a month on WIC. We haven't had to substitute any at all, and at 12 months he'll be off of it anyway.
    Anonymous

• If you have the cans on hand, you will probably be tempted to formula feed.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:57 PM on Apr. 23, 2009