who watches my kids when I am having the baby?

I have 3 children and I am expecting # 4 in sep. My husband is deploying in May, and I was wondering if anybody knows if there is somewhere you can take your kids to if the baby comes at night. I got somebody during the day but not for the night.Does the army offer anything?

sadlerssquad

Asked by sadlerssquad at 1:05 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Do you have family there nearby? Some good friends?
    Anonymous

• your parents, sister, brother, MIL - anyone you trust.
    casd

Answer by casd at 1:07 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• nope...that's something you have to plan yourself...thus, the "family plan". maybe you can have someone you know watch them at night until the person who can watch them during the day is available. GL
    Anonymous

• Our neighbor's watched my daughter when my son was born. They had a schedule worked out amongst themselves and took turns coming in to watch her. They were really terrific!
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 1:10 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Contact your hospital and ask if they offer a doula services (not sure of the spelling) this lady is there for you to help you as you would like your deployed DH to help you. Even taking care of children or holding your hand. If they don't offer these services contact family advocacy, tell them your situation and I think they will assign somebody to assist you. If everything else fails, and family isn't available as most of the time with military life, then become a social butterfly at your kids schools. You may be surprised how willing our "military family" is to land a hand to each other. Good luck and let us know how it is working out.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 1:26 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• No they don't. My friend had her baby while our hubbies were deployed, and I watched her kids for her. The army won't do anything to help. You are allowed to have your children in the room with you though. If you are comfortable with that, then thats an option. Otherwise you have to find someone yourself.
    Anonymous

• Okay contact an off base hospital and ask for a doula refeeral, interview them and do background checks, you can hire one by yourself if it comes to that.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 1:53 PM on Apr. 23, 2009