Ok, my 6 week checkup is next week and.....

Well, I'm assuming to get the ok to start having sex again with my husband.... I'm a little scared and nervous, well a lot actually... What's it like? you know after having a baby... besides being self counscious about my new "mom" body.... does it hurt? or is it like throwing a hot dog into the bat cave if ya-know-what-i-mean...???? please share your experiences with me.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• my husband said i was tighter! it's like having sex for the first time again...u know the whole being nurvous thing...not the hurting factor...just take it easy and don't tear anything up!!!!lol good luck
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 1:12 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• It never hurt me, but it wasn't any tighter for me, I think everyone is different
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 1:14 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• yea it hurt but not too bad.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 1:15 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I had c-sections, so I don't know personally, but my sister said it's like being a virgin again.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 1:50 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Def use lots of lube. If it's just a little tender, go with it and see if it feels better as you go. If it actually hurts, stop and give yourself a few more days to heal before trying again. Your vagina is a muscle. If you keep it toned, it will resume it's previous shape and size in no time. Keep up those kegels!!
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:57 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• If you're breastfeeding it will prob be a little dry, and if you tore it might hurt a little. My experience was that we started having sex again 4 weeks postpartum. Neither of us could wait anymore! It felt just like pre-pregnancy sex, and no it wasn't like throwing a hotdog down a hallway lol. Go slow to start though. And like the other girls said, do the Kegels, especially during sex, it makes it feel even tighter! Have fun!
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 2:56 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• it was like our first time again! my DF swears I'm tighter, and I feel like that too. alot of women are scared of being "loose" or w/e, TOTALLY NOT THE CASE!!! Sex was AMAZING for us && still is! Just take it easy!
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 3:24 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• For us, it was like I was a virgin again ... definitely the opposite of the hot dog and bat cave, LOL :)

Since it was like I was a virgin again, it hurt ... like a lot ... it took a few times of him trying to "enter" for him to actually get in, KWIM?
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 3:40 PM on Apr. 23, 2009