• In the Spotlight:

whats your opinion on this? and what would you do?

i keep getting like..a light brown color goo that keeps coming out of my vagina.
like the mucus plug still...and my ankles are starting to hurt, but theyre not swollen. my belly hurts and my baby isnt moving around at all...

im 40 weeks 2 days...

what would you make of this?

MissKellee

Asked by MissKellee at 1:14 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i say go to the dr.!!!! or at least call and see what is going on ! it never hurt anybody to be curious!
    jozalynnsmommy

Answer by jozalynnsmommy at 1:16 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• possibly pre labor? i was kinda like that but i was induced so im not too sure, i never actually went into labor...
    wisteriastars

Answer by wisteriastars at 1:16 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Lay down and see if you feel your baby moving. She might be sleeping. You said you had sex yeterday.....so, you're spotting. It's normal. Drink some juice, eat something with protein, lay down adn see if the baby moves. This is the advice I got from L&D when it happened to me
    Anonymous

• i would do some jumpin jacks and get that little girl outta u!!!!!!!!!! lmao how are u doing miss kellee? i have missed u:)
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 1:17 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• It does sound like you are loosing your mucus plug mixed with and old blood. (maybe from your cervix or some scratches in your vagina). It may be a sign that you are in early labour or it may be something serious (like an infection and your amniotic fluid is not clear).
    I would call your Dr office asap - just to be on the safe side.
    polkamama

Answer by polkamama at 1:20 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• The hell with the doctor that's scary! Get to the hospital right away. Their gonna ask you all those stupid questions about if you have contractions and that bs. But if its just the office person tell them to shut the hell up and get you in their to see a doctor NOW. Thats what I would do.
    Anonymous

• ya you might need to get to a doc cause if your water broke and it's that color you need immediate attention!
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 1:32 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• my mucus plug came out both times during labor (doesn't happen to everyone) and it was mucus and brownish as well. could be a sign of early labor.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:34 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Why are people trying to scare her and say it is her water? She has SEX LAST NIGHT. It's discharge/spotting. Good lord
    Anonymous

• anon are you a doctor? cause if you are you should be in an office and not on CM! you never know what it is! you shouldn't be telling her that's all it is how do you know it's not her water???? way to go hiding behind that anon BTW!!!!
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 1:47 PM on Apr. 23, 2009