The DMV

Alright...We had a car that was registered in NM about three years ago. We got a letter a few months after we registered it saying we had no insurance but we did. We had to go down to the DMV to verify that we had it. That takes about half the day since it takes them so long to see people. So we had to miss work and make it up later. That sucked.

We decided to buy a car out of state and registered it in that state. Had no problem that WHOLE year it was registered there. We then had problems reregistering it back in that state so we just decided to register it back in NM. Again the same issue happened saying we don't have insurance BUT WE DO!!! So another trip down to the DMV to waste another day.

Does anybody know why this is happening? Why I didn't have a problem in the other state but NM is giving me so much grief???

Dayija

Asked by Dayija at 1:18 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• maybe your insurance agent isn't properly reporting your insurance coverage... I would call your agent and ask why the DMV keeps saying you have no insurance when they are clearly cashing your check (or what ever) every month

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 1:46 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• States are different too. In my state you don't even have to have proof of insurance when you register your vehile.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 1:50 PM on Apr. 23, 2009