This is for all the SAHM's out there

Does your husband/SO help around the house? Because he is the "breadwinner" are you expected to clean up after him? What is his level of involvement with the care of the child/ren?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• During the week (he is off weekends) I simply keep the house straightened up and do laundry. He is only asked to take the trash out. Every weekend we have a "cleaning day" in which we pretty much clean the whole house spotless. He takes care of the living room, our bedroom and our bathroom and trash. I take care of the kitchen and the baby's playroom. He also vacuums the whole house and mows the lawn (when necessary). So really, I think he helps out a lot. When he it comes to the baby I do all the feeding and bathing. He changes a couple diapers a day and will get her dresses, but only if I pick out the outfit lol. I love my hubby <3
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 1:38 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• He takes care of the yard work and helps out with the kids when/where he can. I take care of all of the housework.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 1:23 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Oh, he sure does help out around the house! And I give him a "to do" list everyweek. He also helps me with the kids when he gets home. He knows what it's like to be home all day with the kids. He usually plays with them and gives me "me" time.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:25 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I originally asked the question, and I have something to add. What about days off? Does he do more to help on those days? Or because he worked hard all week does he get lazy days? I'm just curious because, when is my lazy day? I'm thinking never :)
    Anonymous

• yes he helps out. he makes a bigger mess than the kids, but he helps pick up too. he mostly gets the dog doo outside. haha and all the other yard work. but he does help out inside too.
    Anonymous

• he works outside the house, I work inside the house
    Anonymous

• this is one thing me and my dh have arguments about. i believe that being a stay at home mom is much harder than what he does. taking care of two kids AND doing housework and everything else is just as having a real job. i work 24/7 not a 9 -5 job. so everytime he comes home, we end up fighting because he thinks he shouldn't have to do anything. so in the end, he helps.
    so yes
    summerdaile

Answer by summerdaile at 1:29 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Lately I don't even know what to do. It seems like he would be content to live in a dump. Now he will do things, but usually by the time he gets to them, (if it is at all possible for me to do it) it's already done!!! I am the one that picks the doo out of the yard (he says it's good fertilizer) I will mow the lawn if I feel he has taken too long. I don't want to end up one of the stereotypical "nagging" wife, but I don't know how to get him to do the things that need to be done. I can't even get him to throw wrappers away!! He just leaves them laying on the counter for me to pick up. He is a great guy & a great father. But it's frustrating that he gets the fun time with the kids & I just get to do the cleaning & feeding of them. Plus, I feel like I could really use some "me" time, haven't had it in WAY too long!
    Anonymous

• My hubz hardly ever does the dishes or laundry unless im sick. But as far as yardwork, garbage, maintenance, shopping and cooking he does all the time. Im soo lucky even tho. hes the breadwinner he knows its tough staying home w/the baby. So he helps out when he can. :)
    roxxxy

Answer by roxxxy at 1:33 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Usually on my dh's day off we are out doing family things together or running errands together that I can't get done by myself, or we are taking care of projects around the house or yard that I can't get done by myself either. Occasionally he just takes a break but on those days I really do too, we just lay low and watch movies together or something like that. He doesn't get a typical weekend though, usually it's Sunday and one day during the week if it's 2 days off that week.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 1:33 PM on Apr. 23, 2009