Avon what's your opinion on selling it ?

I used to sell Avon and I spent MORE money buying all the junk than making money. Plus the people I would sell to wouldn't buy every time or even buy twice a month . To me it was NOT worth it . YOu have to have ALOT of people buy EVERYTIME to make enough money to even come out even . Not alot people in my town like Avon they all like Mary Kay better.

baby1love

Asked by baby1love at 1:24 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• You know your target audience. Mary Kay is what they want.

I don't think you should have to carry a lot of inventory if you do go into this sort of business. Also, I think you need a guarantee that if any inventory you have purchased doesn't sell in a specified amount of time, the company will buy it all back.

Those would be my terms, anyway.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 1:39 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I am not a big Avon fan or Mark Kay either. I don't sell make-up, etc. I am an Independent Demonstrator for Gold Canyon Candle Co. We have a spa line, candles, home decor and so much more. I love it! I would say find something else, especially if people in your area aren't interested in your products. Good Luck!
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 1:42 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I am an AVON Rep and I love it! I have a loyal client base and always end up making a profit. I get all of my products free and have met alot of people. I know that it doesn't work for everyone but I enjoy it.
    wendyb27

Answer by wendyb27 at 2:42 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• If you have the right person sign you up and teach you how to sell correctly you can do really well. I had an awesome upline and promoted quickly and make a full time income. I have a loyal customer base and my customers love the products. Several years ago I signed up for a few months and did the same thing you did bc I didn't know what I was doing and quit. Now I'm so glad I gave it another try. I've found lately that most other cosmetic brand customers are switching to Avon bc its less expensive and great quality and they can still afford it in our economy. Good luck to you!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 3:11 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I sell Avon, but not really for making money. I just sell to the ladies I work with. If I put more time into I am sure I would make more. (hint: If you are looking for ladies that buy a lot of Avon hit up the daycare centers in your area)
    Makenseysmom

Answer by Makenseysmom at 10:21 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I do mary kay for fun and love it. Mary kay offers a buy back option too if you don't think it's for you. You really have to be a go getter and push yourself to do things you probably wouldn't do to be successful, but tahts what makes it fun. It helps you live life in a way you probably wouldn't have. I know my life has changed thanks to Mary Kay.
    ranze11617

Answer by ranze11617 at 12:55 AM on Apr. 27, 2009

• I tried both and didn't work for me...ended up spending more money.
    I have been with Arbonne for 3 years, was able to quit my job and I have only spent around $500 in products for my shows in 3 years....I have a regular base clientele and even during recession I am making money. Consider it I can help!
    AImom

Answer by AImom at 10:30 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I like Avon.... but didnt have much success when I tried it.. :( I do love who I am with now though.

Hello!

I am with Scentsy....a Wickless Candle Company.  No soot..no flames...no danger. These are warmers that use a light bulb to lightly warm the soft wax not burn it. They are infused with natural & escentual oils.  So your family isnt breathing harsh chemicals....especially those with allergies. Room sprays & car fresheners as well!

Start up only $99 & FREE Warmer for joining my Team!

www.scentsy.com/kahne

Kahne

Answer by Kahne at 1:31 PM on May. 7, 2009