What would you do if this was your ex???

Help! Please I don't know what to do anymore and I am at my wits end. I will sum it up for you. I am a single mom and the father left before my son was born. I was dating this guy for only a short period of time about 6 months ago. we tried to remain friends and he kept begging me to take him back. I don't want to because I do not love him. I have recently started dating this new guy who is great and he loves my son to death. We were actually friends before we started dating, so he has known me for awhile. Well the other guy I guess is jealous, he started emailing my new SO on facebook telling him that I am going to hurt him and that I lie and all this other crap. He even has another friend of his emailing my new SO also. It is so frustrating I have told him that we can't be friends anymore because he can't stop me from moving on and he is acting like we are in high school and I am almost 30!... What do I do??

ktlyn79s

Asked by ktlyn79s at 1:27 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• You can't make your ex stop, but it is your SO who will decide whether or not to be influenced by his remarks. If your SO & you have been friends for a while and are now together as a couple, chances are he is taking your ex's comments with a grain of salt. He probably realizes you ex is just jealous!
    chaster

Answer by chaster at 1:37 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I would first apologize to your BF for your ex stalking your current BF.... IMO, you should tell you current BF that the ex is jealous and lashing out because you don't want to take him back... tell him that you are who you are, and he should judge for himself what kind of person you are... and then leave it at that.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 1:34 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• You and your new boyfriend should just block his ass from facebook. (I've had to do that with my ex). Tell him you have moved on and are trying to make a happy and healthy environment for your son and he's just not the right person for that.
    Anonymous

• Tough...I think you were you right to tell him you can't be friend. Stick to that. Just stay honest with your BF now. Tell him your ex is trying to sabotage your relationship because he wants you back. He can block those e-mails from those senders i think. Good luck!
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 1:37 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Thank you. I have blocked him and I my current SO and I have talked and he says he doesn't care and he is being supportive. I just feel that it will start to bother him. Can I call the cops on harrassment if it doesn't stop??
    ktlyn79s

Answer by ktlyn79s at 1:51 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• You can go to court and file for an exparte. Doesn't this guy have any rights to the child? It is his child right?

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 2:04 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Actually no it is not his child. The babys father left me while I was pregnant. He basically has nothing to do with his son and doesn't pay support. The ex is someone I started dating after my son was born for a very short period of time. I realized he wasn't what I was looking for and didn't think he would be good for me and my son.
    ktlyn79s

Answer by ktlyn79s at 2:14 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• It's called stalking AND cyberbullying AND it's against the law. It's also harassment as well. Call the police and show them all the emails and he will leave you alone. BTW, how did your ex and his friend get your new boyfriends email?
    environmentalpa

Answer by environmentalpa at 2:22 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• They were able to get it before I blocked him from facebook. They found him on my profile and emailed him that way. I noticed that even if your profile is private they can still see your friends. This is all so really stupid and childish of them. Thanks for all your advice. If they don't stop I am going to report them. I talked to my SO a little while ago and they emailed him again!!!
    ktlyn79s

Answer by ktlyn79s at 2:32 PM on Apr. 23, 2009