Would you go to a wedding if you did not support the marriage?

My niece is 18 has twins by and older man 23 or older, rumor has it he is a abusive jerk (Idk). her father and my hubby are not going. I want to go to see the family and the babies. I rarely see them and they way I see it is they are going to get married with me or without me. I really dont him or how much of it is true.

debmom07

Asked by debmom07 at 1:28 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• I would go. You should be there to support her if nothing else. even if she is making a huge mistake. you should be there for her
    Anonymous

• You may not support the marriage but you can support your niece.
    chaster

Answer by chaster at 1:31 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Like anon said, even though you feel she's making a mistake you should be there to support her
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 1:32 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Be there for her. Find out for yourself if he's a jerk or not and base your opinion of him on what you see and know for a fact about him...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 1:32 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• She's 18 and an adult. No one is going to change her mind. You may not support it but you can still support her. if that's what she wants be happy for her.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 1:33 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• If you aren't sure about him because they are just rumors you should go. Be there or her.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 1:33 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• My sister is marrying a real tool in October. I can not stand the idea of her choosing such a loser. But I am going...she asked me to be a bridesmaid.
    I am doing what is best for her not him. I am going to support her because if the time comes that she figures out that he is a looser then she will know I will support her through anything.

Damn... I hope she pulls her head out soon.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:36 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• You should go for your neice, I would
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 1:37 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Yup, i love going to weddings. If i were you, id go to the wedding not only for the good time but for your niece go support her! :)
    roxxxy

Answer by roxxxy at 1:38 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I was an attendant at my best friend's wedding even though I knew then it was going to end horribly. Which it did. But I love her and support her in her bad decisions as well as her good ones. Go, see the babies, have a good time, and let her know you will always be there for her.

riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:46 PM on Apr. 23, 2009